Out of the 11 activities that were to be completed this semester, I have 3 favorites and 3 least favorites.
My 3 favorites include:
- Graffiti writing
- I really enjoyed this activity because it was so out of the ordinary. This is usually looked upon as a criminal act, but with the way we were portraying it being legal, it was a lot of fun.
- Fiber art social network
- This activity was a lot of fun, it was really cool to see how all of the people in my life do or don’t connect with each other.
- Zine and Flip books
- I had a lot of fun with this activity, this was my first flip book and I was actually really pleased with how mine came out.
My 3 least favorites include:
- I didn’t really care for this activity because I’m not the type of person to be able to record myself and feel 100% comfortable while doing it. (plus I forgot to do this assignment because fall break started)
- Art Care Package
- This activity was okay, I just found it kind of confusing and difficult to find the things necessary to go into the care package.
- Landscapes with a corpse
- This activity was weird, but cool, but like the vlogs, it’s kind of uncomfortable getting pictures taken of yourself (at least for me) and feel okay with it all. Plus thinking about death is scary.
I actually really enjoyed the hybrid format of this class. The once a week meeting and mostly online aspect of this class was one of the things I liked most actually. I was able to do the work for this class on my own time, and still get it in on time, while I could still focus on my other major requirement classes.
At the beginning of the semester, I was dreading the SOA gallery meet ups, but by the end I really looked forward to talking to the artists about their work. I was always excited to hear about their pieces and about their background, I think that this was one of the best aspects of this art class.
The weekly blog posts from you made this class a lot more smooth sailing. Having examples and directions laid out for us made this a lot easier. And I also enjoyed seeing my classmates work and activities from the week before.
For my senior year of high school, we used weebly.com to showcase our senior work, so I was sorta familiar with websites and how to do blog posts in general. I enjoyed using this and felt that this is a lot easier than if we were to have to physically turn it in or email it to you, which would have been a nightmare for you.
In all honesty, I didn’t really care for the Art talk OTW conversations between the class. I felt that they were kind of redundant. Plus every time you talked about the analytics of the videos, you had very little participation in the watching of the videos so it was kinda sad. Although it was another form of getting grades, which is always good.
Although there were aspects of this class that I didn’t necessarily like or want, I really did enjoy this class and the different zones of comfort it brought me to. I probably never would have done most of the activities that we had scheduled in the semester, so I’m glad I took this class, it was definitely a new area for myself, being a KIN major, but it was good new areas.